Sales territory mapping – analysis, design & team alignment
Tech4T provide analysis, customer targeting and sales territory mapping services (together with optional territory alignment software) to increase field team performance.
The benefits of undertaking a review and subsequent realignment of your field team structure, operations and sales territories can be staggering – increasing productivity and sales by 25% or more when coupled with the right activity planning, training and compensation plan.
But badly planned sales territories kill productivity. Sales reps can waste valuable selling time travelling around their territory visiting the wrong people instead of making productive calls. In contrast, an optimal sales territory alignment reflects your company’s strategy, helps deliver on sales quotas and is effective for your team in the field. It will bring many benefits …
- Rationalised sales territories with a better allocation of customers and prospects
- Balanced and more fairly distributed workload
- More sales visits per rep per day
- Increased sales and customer satisfaction
- A focus on more profitable customers
- More efficient travel and lower costs
- Extended customer and prospect coverage
To develop an optimal territory design for your field team requires far more than mapping. It requires a deep understanding of your sales and marketing plans, customer value, potential and channel analysis, team skills, field logistics and more. These are areas where we have the hard-won expertise to help.
And a word of caution. If you’ve ever tried to develop or make adjustments to sales territory boundaries and account allocations yourself, you’ll know it quickly gets messy. This is because of the knock-on effect of a change to one territory impacting another – or sometimes several.
Tech4T’s territory alignment and sales territory mapping services will deliver…
- Bench-marking of your current sales territory structure or service team areas
- Recommended adjustments for improvement
- Restructuring of sales territories to accommodate business change
- Guidance on where geographically to recruit new team members
- Forecasting at both individual account and territory level
- Creation of one or more new sales territory structures
- Preservation of important rep-to-customer key account relationships
- Customer allocations for each sales territory alignment or service area
- Postcode alignment to sales territories for lead allocation
- Cost and revenue implications for each sales territory
Whether you’re making changes to your sales territories or service areas, reorganising a national team or merging multiple teams, contact us here or call us on 01733 890790.
Testimonial – Sales Territory Design
“We knew that to ensure the success of our new field based sales force, we needed a company that we could partner with and trust. Tech4T delivered everything that they promised (and more), they had the quality of approach and focus that made the whole process run smoothly and delivered everything on time and to budget. Graham and the team come highly recommended.”
James Coe, Head of Sales, 123 Send Ltd.