Tech4T is a leading Location Intelligence and Mapping Solutions Company. We help companies grow by putting the polish and usability on data to ensure that its true meaning is self-evident and provides a tangible benefit to a business. We deliver the results in Territory Runner, our on-line database driven mapping system for retail location planning, territory design, field force efficiency and customer targeting. Clients range from franchise start-ups to household names such as Costa Express and Muller.
We are seeking a Data Analyst to deliver client analysis projects, including data research to identify new data sources. There will be opportunity to drive your own analysis projects. The majority of our work involves mapping and is delivered via our customised Territory Runner geographic information systems. The role includes data preparation and system and data up-dating, as well as client liaison and support. There is also scope to contribute to innovate business solutions and software development.
This job is well suited to a self directed data professional with a strong background in MySQL or similar with at least 3 years commercial experience. You will have knowledge of data manipulation using Excel. A knowledge of SPSS or other analysis software would be beneficial.
This role involves:
- Delivering business and location intelligence in the form of territory maps, retail catchment areas and customer targeting systems
- Data manipulation for analysis and reports
- Building, maintaining and updating customised database-driven web applications incorporating Bing maps
- Data preparation and transformation including extraction, data audit, standardisation, deduplication and file merging
- Quality control checking of maps and information systems
- Maintaining data files such as PAF & Ordnance Survey
- Client liaison and delivering technical support
- System training via webinar
- Proven experience in working with databases such as Access, MySQL or SQL server (queries, manipulating, and importing/exporting of data in a commercial environment)
- Experience maintaining automated processes
- Knowledge of data manipulation using Excel
- Ability to merge disparate data sets, understanding how they fit together
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A high level of mathematical ability
- SPSS or other analysis software
- Knowledge of php and software development
- Advanced knowledge of analysis techniques and programming languages such as python or R
- Familiarity with GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- A 2:1 degree (or higher) in a STEM subject
The Person – ideally you will have:
- An inquisitive mind, focused on addressing and solving business and technical problems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (the ability to convey technical information in a succinct and easy to understand manner advantageous)
- Aptitude to learn and apply software quickly
- Good organizational skills and the ability to work across multiple projects at any one time
- The ability to maintain focus in an environment subject to impromptu changes in order to meet client needs
- Be self-motivated, use your own initiative, be happy to take responsibility for delivering good quality work to timescales, and have a proactive approach to problem management
This is a full-time, permanent role based in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire.
Salary range ca. £25,000 – £30,000 based on experience and skills.
To apply please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No recruitment agencies please.
Jobs Peterborough, Data Analyst Jobs